Rock N’ The Knob – Pennsylvania’s Highest Trail Race
SEPTEMBER 14, 2019: ALLEGHENY TRAILRUNNERS INC. IS PROUD TO PRESENT ROCK ’N THE KNOB – PA’S HIGHEST RACE.
The marathon begins at 8:00am and the Half Marathon starts at 9:00am and the 10K starts at 9:30am.
The race will offer three courses: a 10K course, a new half-marathon and a TOUGH 26-mile mountain marathon course for the more foolish.
10K course: The 10K course may be the most challenging 10K in PA* (*based on the fastest and average finish times.) The 10K features challenges like Tree-odge, Devils Hairpin and Throat Punch Hill.
Half-marathon: In 2019, we are adding a half-marathon course! Get ready – this half-marathon is going to be a doozy. We are taking the marathon course and cutting it in half but leaving in more than half of the challenges and sufferfest.
Mountain Marathon: For mountain-goats, this course has broken the will of many as you repeatedly attempt to ascend one of the highest peaks in the Central Alleghenies – finishing with 6,500 feet of climbing on your legs.
- At over 3,100 feet above sea level, it is Pennsylvania’s highest race.
- A 10K, half-marathon or 26-mile options. Both are more technical (rocky) than our little sister, the Dirty Kiln Trail Race.
- Lodging packages available at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort, wake up feet from the start and finish.
- SWAG: Rock ‘N The Knob technical shirts and merino wool 5-inch cuff socks for all! Our famous metal bottle openers for the first 200 registrants. Taster cups for the 10K; pint glasses for the half-marathon; and pints glasses and growlers for marathon finishers.
- Post-race food and beer tasting is included with the entry fee.
- 10K course: By far the most challenging 10K in Pennsylvania (based on average finish times and overall winning times). Two major climbs give you over 1350 feet of climbing. There is one aid station at the base of the first climb called Throat Punch Hill at 2.8 miles.
- New Half-marathon course: We are taking the marathon course and cutting it in half but keeping some of the fun and sufferfest in with 3010 feet of climbing on the 13.12 mile course! There are 3 aid stations and a 6-hour time limit. There are 3 Aid Stations: At Chappelle’s Field (Mile 4.6); At Ravens Rest (Mile 7.2); At Heavens Hairpin (Mile 11.1). Cut-offs: Ravens Rest at 4 hours (@1:00 pm) and Heavens Hairpin at 5 hours (@2:00pm).
- Mountain Marathon: For mountain-goats, this course has broken the will of many as you repeatedly ascend one of the highest peaks in the Central Alleghenies – finishing with almost 6,500 feet of climbing on your legs. There are 6 Aid Stations: At Pavia (Mile 7) Chappelle’s Field at 10.5 miles, Raven’s Rest at 13.1 miles, Heavens Hairpin at 18.3, Quitters Row at 20.3 miles and Throat Punch at 23.3 miles. You have 9 hours to complete the race with cut-off at 7 hours at Quitters Row; 8 hours at Heavens Hairpin and 5 hours at 13.1 miles at Ravens Rest.
Start/Finish Address: 1424 Overland Pass, Claysburg, Pennsylvania 16625
Participants are eligible for a 50% refund of the race fee minus UltraSignUp fees until 8/26/2019. We will not do deferrals or bib transfers.
No same-day signups for this event.