Rock N’ The Knob – Pennsylvania’s Highest Trail Race
SEPTEMBER 14, 2019: ALLEGHENY TRAILRUNNERS INC. IS PROUD TO PRESENT ROCK ’N THE KNOB – PA’S HIGHEST RACE.
The race will offer two courses: a 10K course, a new half-marathon and a TOUGH 26-mile mountain marathon course for the more foolish. The 10K course may be the most challenging 10K in PA* (*based on the fastest and average finish times.) The 10K features challenges like Tree-odge, Devils Hairpin and Throat Punch Hill.
In 2019, we are adding a half-marathon course.
Our full mountain marathon is designed to break even the most hardened runner with more than 6,400 feet of climbing or 12,750 feet of elevation change in the 26-mile race.
- At over 3,100 feet above sea level, it is Pennsylvania’s highest race.
- A 10K, half-marathon or 26-mile options. Both are more technical (rocky) than our little sister, the Dirty Kiln Trail Race.
- More that 6,450 feet of climbing or 12,750 feet of elevation change in the 26-mile race.
- Lodging packages available at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort, wake up feet from the start and finish.
- Rock N’ The Knob technical shirts and metal bottle openers for the first few hundred registrants.
- Pint glasses for all finishers and marathon finishers receive a growler.
- Post-race food is included with the entry fee.
- Beer from Michelob Ultra and Furrer Beverage.
Marathon Quick Facts:
- 26-Mile Race Description (27.0 miles and 6450+ feet of CLIMBING and 12,750 feet of elevation CHANGE.)
- Time cut offs: 9 hours to complete the race. 7 hours at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort. The cut-off at 14.2 miles at Raven’s Rest is 5 hours.
- Aid Stations: 6 aid stations. At Mile 7, 10.5, 13.8, 18, 20 and 23.
Start/Finish Address: 1424 Overland Pass, Claysburg, Pennsylvania 16625
Participants are eligible for a 50% refund of the race fee minus UltraSignUp fees until 8/26/2019. We will not do deferrals or bib transfers.
No same-day signups for this event.