Rock N’ The Knob – Pennsylvania’s Highest Trail Race
September 15, 2018: Allegheny Trailrunners Inc. is proud to present Rock’n The Knob – PA’s Highest Trail Race.
The race will offer two courses: a 10K course and a new 26-mile challenging marathon course for the more experienced. Last years race, runners from 20 states and every section of PA signed up for this event! The courses were changed in 2016: the 5.5 mile was extended to a 10K with the additional mileage at the end. In 2017, we added a new and challenging 10K course. In 2016, the 20-mile course eliminates Whysong Road (paved) with a new course (all trail) from mile 7 to 14. We also added a couple more challenging climbs and descents like the Scramble Climb at the end.
In 2018, the 20-mile course has been expanded to a full marathon! Stay tuned for more details!
- At over 3,100 feet above sea level, it is Pennsylvania’s highest race.
- A 10K or 26-mile option. Both are more technical (rocky) than our little sister, the Dirty Kiln Trail Race.
- More that 6,000 feet of climbing or 12,000 feet of elevation change in the 26-mile race.
- Lodging packages available at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort, wake up feet from the start and finish.
- Rock N’ The Knob technical shirts and metal bottle openers for the first few hundred registrants.
- Post-race food is included with the entry fee.
- Beer from Furrer Beverage and an exclusive beer from Railroad City made just for the event.
Marathon Quick Facts:
- 26-Mile Race Description (27.0 miles and 6250+ feet of CLIMBING and 12,500+ feet of elevation CHANGE.)
- Time cut offs: 9 hours to complete the race. 7 hours at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort. We will publish the cut-off at 14.2 miles at Raven’s Rest soon.
Start/Finish Address: 1424 Overland Pass Claysburg, Pennsylvania 16625